- Independently plan and manage audit engagements
- Communicate effectively to the Partners/Managers on any unresolved issues
- Perform inventory-related audit procedures
- Prepare complete, well-documented sets of working papers for review and drafts of Financial Statements
- Supervise, evaluate, coach and motivate staff members
- Minimum 2 years experience in public accounting in a variety of industries including non-profit and benefit plan audits
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for bright, personable professionals with a commitment to quality and a desire for growth and development. Audit Staff Associates will apply accounting principles and auditing procedures to client engagements, prepare work papers, and demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 and a major or focus in Accounting
- Driven individuals who thrive in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication skills; both written and oral; diversity of activities and interests; and the desire to be continually challenged
- Team-oriented and able to manage multiple assignments on an ongoing basis
- Excellent computer skills
Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA, Master’s in Taxation a plus
- Six to eight years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills.
Senior Tax Accountant
- Prepare federal/multi-state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for corporations and partnerships, including:
- Supporting workpapers, which involve identifying book/tax adjustments and filing requirements
- Working with financial statement auditors on tax provisions and gathering required data
- Prepare federal/state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for individuals, trusts/estates, partnerships, corporations including supporting workpapers
- Develop and motivate tax staff by providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance
- MUST have 3 to 5 years relevant public accounting tax experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters degree in taxation highly desirable
- Strong analytical, written & oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
Audit Quality Control Manager
- Provide technical review of work papers and financial statements for compliance with professional and firm standards.
- Responsible for firm-wide attest function quality control and compliance.
- Maintain up-to-date standards of proficiency in the areas of accounting and auditing while keeping the Firm in compliance with quality control standards.
- Serve as a technical resource to the audit/assurance department on research and technical issues.
- Develop and execute internal training programs
- Manage peer review process
- Review the Firm’s systems and specific engagements in the annual internal inspection.
- Assist with the implementation of new audit and accounting standards.
- CPA license is required
- 6+ years of Public Accounting experience
- Broad and deep understanding of accounting principles and auditing standards
- Ability to research complex accounting and auditing issues in a wide range of industries
- Manage a high volume of work under very tight deadlines
- Ability to work with all levels (staff – partner)