Tax staff will work on various tax preparation projects under direct supervision of a superior.
Candidates should have upon graduation fulfilled the requirements to sit for the CPA exam, an accounting GPA of 3.0 and solid communication/interpersonal skills. We will be hiring tax staff for both our San Francisco and San Jose offices.
Winter Tax Internship
We will be offering winter internships to students who will participate in various projects including tax preparation, tax research and various consulting projects. This is a four month full-time tax internship starting in January 2018. We will be hiring tax interns for both our San Francisco and San Jose offices.
Hood & Strong LLP is seeking staff auditors for its San Jose and San Francisco auditing and consulting engagements. Staff will have diverse opportunities to work as a team member in a variety of industries.
- Undergraduate or Masters Candidates with a concentration in Accounting
- GPA minimum of 3.0
- Must have completed the necessary coursework to be eligible for the CPA Exam
- Strong attention to detail and analytical mind
- Interpersonal skills a must
- Ambition to learn and grow with Hood & Strong
- Car may be required to travel to client sites
- Interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise.
- Providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns.
- Developing and managing staff.
- Working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA, Masters in Taxation a plus
- Six to eight years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp, Partnership and Individual returns.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Independently plan and manage audit engagements
- Communicate effectively to the Partners/Managers on any unresolved issues
- Perform inventory-related audit procedures
- Prepare complete, well-documented sets of working papers for review and drafts of Financial Statements
- Supervise, evaluate, coach and motivate staff members
- Minimum 2 years experience in public accounting in a variety of industries including non-profit and benefit plan audits
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Senior Tax Accountant
- Prepare federal/multi-state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for corporations and partnerships, including:
- Supporting workpapers, which involve identifying book/tax adjustments and filing requirements
- Working with financial statement auditors on tax provisions and gathering required data
- Prepare federal/state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for individuals, trusts/estates, partnerships, corporations including supporting workpapers
- Develop and motivate tax staff by providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance
- MUST have 3 to 5 years relevant public accounting tax experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters degree in taxation highly desirable
- Strong analytical, written & oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate