- Independently plan and manage audit engagements
- Communicate effectively to the Partners/Managers on any unresolved issues
- Perform inventory-related audit procedures
- Prepare complete, well-documented sets of working papers for review and drafts of Financial Statements
- Supervise, evaluate, coach and motivate staff members
- Minimum 2 years experience in public accounting in a variety of industries including non-profit and benefit plan audits
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; providing primary and secondary review of complex tax returns; developing and managing staff; and working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development, and business development activities.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. CPA, Master’s in Taxation a plus
- Six to eight years of progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting
- Experience in Corporate, S-Corp. and/or Partnership returns.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, consolidated federal tax returns, partnership returns, and combined state tax returns.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Strong leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills.
Senior Tax Accountant
- Prepare federal/multi-state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for corporations and partnerships, including:
- Supporting workpapers, which involve identifying book/tax adjustments and filing requirements
- Working with financial statement auditors on tax provisions and gathering required data
- Prepare federal/state income tax returns and extension/estimate projections for individuals, trusts/estates, partnerships, corporations including supporting workpapers
- Develop and motivate tax staff by providing them with counseling, leadership and career guidance
- MUST have 3 to 5 years relevant public accounting tax experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting
- Masters degree in taxation highly desirable
- Strong analytical, written & oral communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Licensed CPA or CPA candidate
Our M&A Team is looking for a dynamic individual who is an eager learner, highly adaptable, assertive, and open to new challenges in a fast-paced environment. This person will have significant independence to define and deliver the work required to make our clients successful. You will work with and gain exposure to a number of partners and clients as a key member of our knowledgeable M&A team.
In this position, you will participate in every stage of the deal for our clients, including scoping, risk assessment, and drafting or reviewing final engagement reports. You will have the opportunity to be staffed on a variety of engagement types, including financial and accounting due diligence, Quality of Earnings engagements, M&A consulting, and business consulting.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in related field of study: Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, etc.
- Strong attention to detail with ability to review work and solve problems
- Strong technology skills, especially Microsoft Excel (i.e. lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills